Use of the information collected by CloudPlex
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you with Services, as well as any other services, support, or information you have requested
- Operate, develop and improve our Services, and diagnose related problems
- Personalize our Services and communications to you to your interests and needs
- Send you business messages such as those related to Services notifications, payments or renewal of your subscription
- Send you newsletters, information and advertisements about CloudPlex
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with communications that may be relevant to you and to enhance the Services we provide to you
- Contact you via telephone to discuss our Services
- Aggregate data from our Services used for benchmarking and to develop and improve our Services.
Sharing information collected by CloudPlex
We work with companies that help us run our business and provide our Services. These companies may provide services such as hosting content, processing and collecting payments, providing support and sending communications on our behalf. These companies may have access to your personal information as required to help us run our business and provide our Services.
We may also share your personal information:
- When you have consented to the sharing
- With any affiliated companies
- When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Site or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of CloudPlex, or the property and security of our users
- To the extent necessary to meet national security, law enforcement, or public interest requirements
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, in which case your information may be one of the assets that is transferred
- When we aggregate and share de-identified information collected by our Services in order to provide benchmarks and other statistical reports to third parties
- When we hire companies to help us market our Services and provide you with information and offers related to CloudPlex, including displaying ads
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Reviewing, updating or deleting your personal information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our Services may allow you to review and edit your personal information by accessing your profile or similar feature of our Services. You may also have the ability to manage your cookies and similar technologies through your web browser settings. You should consult the settings and instructions provided by the provider of your web browser for more information.
You may also submit a request to us to review, edit, or delete your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com.
Once we verify your identity, we will assist you with your request.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our Site and our Services you use, as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements. For example, we may retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. Some of your information may also remain on backup systems after your use of our Services ends.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Opting-out of CloudPlex Communications
You may opt out of receiving mailings, newsletters or other communications we may provide from time-to-time by modifying your Services profile or by unsubscribing to the marketing mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions that are contained within the mailing, newsletter or other communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Unsubscribe” in the body, together with a description of the communications you no longer desire to receive.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
Specific Information Related to Users in the European Union and European Economic Area
Our legal basis for processing: For personal data that we process in connection with offering and providing our Site and Services to you, we will generally process that personal data (i) on the basis of consent, or (ii) in order to take steps at your request.
Your Access and Choices: You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Rectify any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you
- Have your personal data erased under certain circumstances
- Have the processing of your personal data restricted where you dispute its accuracy, if you think its processing is unlawful, if you otherwise object to its processing, or when we no longer need your personal data and you need it in relation to a legal claim
- Have access to your personal data, and the right to receive copies of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transfer those copies to another data controller, under certain circumstances
- Complain to your national data protection regulator if you feel that any of your personal data is not being processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“)
Your right to withdraw consent: If you withdraw your consent, we will stop processing the relevant personal data except to the extent we have other grounds for processing under applicable laws. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. You may withdraw your consent at any time; however, CloudPlex will not be able to provide or continue to provide our Site or Services to you. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal.
There may be cases where restrictions on the amount of data that can be disclosed to data subjects under applicable law (for example, if that would necessarily involve disclosing data about another person). CloudPlex is permitted to withhold some types of personal data in certain circumstances, subject to applicable local law requirements. If there is a dispute, please contact us using the information in the “Questions or Concerns” section below. In addition, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The name and contact details of the supervisory authorities in the European Union can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
For questions about the collection of personal data by CloudPlex, or to exercise the right to access, correct, update, or delete such data or object, for legitimate purposes, to the processing of personal data, as provided under applicable law, please contact us using the information in the “Questions or Concerns” section below.